About the Rochester BASS RETREAT
Co-sponsored by New York State American String Teachers Association, the five-day Bass Retreat at Nazareth College is an immersion in all things double bass. Join us for this special chance to refresh skills, get back in the groove of playing before summer ends, meet and work with inspiring teachers, and make dedicated time for questions and exploration. Area teachers will find this retreat a timely opportunity to sharpen their approach through hands-on learning and pedagogy classes with inspiring teachers. Plus, in-service credit is available through NY-ASTA at no charge.
This five-day retreat will have us all working together on:
- Using our bodies more efficiently as we play.
- Basic elements of technique for each hand.
- Solos and etudes.
- Improvisation—especially if you have never tried it before.
- Ways to care for the bass in all seasons.
- Large bass ensemble with parts for all levels of players.
Players at all levels are encouraged to participate. There are many levels of workshops, so plan to play where you are comfortable while listening and learning at other workshops.
- Hands on for everyone.
- All levels are welcome.
- Includes a track for teachers.
- Special track for young/beginning players.